Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Connecting up

Ihave flush talking to xchrs, both loaded from an initialization file.

Now I have to deal with redraw, X does not keep bit maps around. Redraw should be a simple procedure of checking each rectangle against the 'dirty' rectangle, and rewrite the text. I have it set up, in IO manager as I manage is currently the default event detector (no libev).

Anyway, integration bugs are going away, two per day and there are only about four left. There are features in a rectangle tha are not ye supported, like changing the rectangle size relative to the enclosing window. But some of that is beyond the my scope until we decide on a for real rectangle manager, a decision I am not making at the moment. I am sticking with one default rectangle per window to get my single user console window up.  The added features can be designed in when the base set up looks solid.

No comments: