Sunday, January 20, 2019

Half the battle

gcc -g -DTEST xchars5.c /home/so/symbols -lxcb

Here I have compiled xchars, in standalone test. It is being linked with the standard loadable symbol table, from the loadables directory. But xchars will have access to internal entry points for the loaded module, public entry points made private to xchas and can still expose its public entry point on the bus. The linux dynamic loader allowed this be being  shortest path design so there were no artificial barriers; good job. 

This load allows me to test xcb direct, or via the Bus, it uses all the commons in test. So, internally, all my interfaces look like standard call structure, adapted in namespace to the function. Externally it is just the Bus with its counter. The snippets small, the proper method for changing the commons is to recompile the particular snippet as needed, with pic set and shared set.

 I dump all my shared into /home/so  They have lower case plain text names, not extensions and the names must match the entry point name.  Link up snippets is a no brainer, but not for me at tthe moment, not will I be doing any direct interface with xcb. I am strictly into the default functions for another two weeks. Everything compiles, l the pack chars working, on this machine.  I dunno about the remainder of the universe.

No comments: