Friday, April 18, 2014

What I am doing with the Black Body equation

I have this form, and it needs to be in Shannon form. It has quantized energy by frequency, and quant size by frequency.  The emission of radiation is lost energy, and that becomes noise in the Shannon equation.

So the result looks like:

hv/kBT = log2(1+ 2hv**3/Bv(T)) which matches this:





I assume that Boltzman's constan is maximum entropy, and it becomes the bandwidth, the equation works if we sample high enough to match the temperature.  But I need to break this up into sub channel and was not sure that the aggregate value of Boltzman's constant could do that.

Second, I got confused about frequency quantization until I figured out more about light emission, the frequency goes as the null quant ratio in the excited orbital slot of the atom.

hv become (3/2)**k, the quant size.  Energy becomes (3/2)**3k, it is actually the cube of the quant size, and I had that wrong a few posts ago, I figured it to be the square.

I factored out light speed altogether as this equation has no need to use it. Also I factored out the eergy per unit time, since I work in  sample space. I also removed time from the radiance output.

But the Bv(T), the radiation energy should also be quantized, it is radiation and radiation is quantized.  But did Plank quantize the angle of incidence? I did not know. Why wouldn't Plank quantize the radiance out and reduce the radiance equation? I guess he started the quantization thing with this equation.  But if we quantize the radiation energy out we get the simple version of Shannon sending quants through a channel with noise of some function of temperature.

Then, the equation simply says that quantized light always emits with a high enough signal to keep the temperature from building up, just a restatement of energy conservation. The equation now seems to me to be a historical artifact. The shape of the curve is the same shape of the curve used by the shoe industry when they deliver shoes.

No comments: