Tuesday, March 5, 2019

An alliance

The declaration, written by Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats, comes after the Minnesota Democrat's remarks suggesting American supporters of Israel are pushing people to have "allegiance to a foreign country."
Read Newsmax: Trump Tweets Omar's Israel Remarks Mark 'dark Day' | Newsmax.com 
It is indeed possible to dislike Jews and still have a foreign alliance with Israel. I do a little of that, not as bad as Omar.

Israel does us a great service in taming the middle east nutcases. But, Israel's needs and my needs come into conflict when I have to sign on to major middle east defense commitments.

How much do I dislike Jews? Not much, I have a hard time telling who is or isn't a Jew anyway. But I have a lot of the old stereotypes, I notice which Jew gets what job, when I do notice. But I have a bunch of other stereotypes, like wondering if a Black is a diversity hire or the real deal. 

With Hispanic I am less racist because that is a huge set of different people, in California.  Hispanic is such a big part of the culture, always has been. Racial stereotypes, I have them.

No comments: