Thursday, April 23, 2020

Explaining self sampled systems to my family

I use the Walmart checkout manager model.  The Walmart checkout manager has to stabilize three queues, customer, clerk, and count taxman. The Walmart checkout manager delivers three accounting update, the number of items per package for each queue.

From there I can talk about the speed of Walmart being the number of checkout stands the manager need to update (two per sign change). I can talk about boson (customers), fermions (county taxman) and clerks (the magnetic dipole).  I can talk about the maximum number of people hat can fit into the checkout counters. I have line jumpers, a boson emission which collapses the customer queue. spin, no more than one clerk per checkout manager. And so on.  Everyone gets the concept of waiting in line at Walmart.

No comments: