Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Narrow down the semantics for the story

I want simple semantics for a topic of money.

I want a set of English and Spanish words that map one to one with each other. I use googlle tranlate and the switch languages button until I find the words that are unchanging on a reversed map.

I want to avoid using multiple words meaning the same thing and I want the most shared common word selected. Once I have that then Dick and Jane can lend and borrow, past present and future, with their friends and sometimes conditionally. This moves me up to the fourth grade in spanish writing. ome time I intervene and correct google translator, artistic license.

Once I have it, I capture it for an index which goes entirely on one flash card. Then I can capture passages and events in the language using other flash cards, create brief stories about Dick and Jane at the bank. I keep the master dictionary handy.

money
dinero
use of money
uso de dinero
use
utilizar
money market
mercado de dinero
liquidity
liquidez
debt
deuda
savings
ahorros
loan
préstamo
savings and loans
ahorros y préstamos
I lend it
Lo presto
I save it
Lo ahorro

I have two verbs, I know the conjugates but review the list prior, and I cut and paste enough from the list to get all the accent marks copied over to translate and I can avoid the special virtual typewriter. Then I write Dick and Jane at the bank as they got tired of fishing and cleaning every day.

No comments: