Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Neighborly distance

Sure, I know the folks, and consider some friends.

I limit my charity to a cash in advance, for a few bucks now and then. I never get repaid. In the boundary of interaction, it is clear, I am not assuming any liability. A strong barrier, cash is the cultural norm, not family therapy.  I never know when I am helping or hurting, so cash prices can determine that of its own accord, I just limit my participation. Painful for the lost souls, they gets this cold shoulder hard limit. The lost souls bring the liability of making matters worse, they make the straights fear screwing things up.

Like the pit bull pup. I was willing to admit we all three got stuck with the pit bull, 48 year old, her girlfriend, and me. I get a bit involved. But, we cannot take care of it, will find it home, a can do. No one is blaming the middle person.  But, it is not dumped on the old white guy, I am not prepared to be default dog owner. But our 48 year old feels like she blundered again, in life. Her girlfriend did some blundering also, so now I was ready to blunder along. But it had to conclude, there are now few pit bulls in this neighborhood for a good reason.  I am the least of the neighbors to break the rule. 

No comments: